Welcome, to our Clagett Farm beef website. We are now offering meat in our spring grass fed meat sale; the meat will be available for pick up at the farm on Saturday, June 15th. If you have ordered in the past you will find that we have a couple of new aspects to our meat sales:
1. We ask that you place your order through this website. Its easy and you’ll see that you will select from a couple of options. Just go to the page ‘How to Order”.
2. We have exciting different meat options – some great new cuts; you can buy 1/4’s or 1/8’s; and new pricing for the different options. It’s all spelled out on the ‘Pricing and Cuts’ page.
3. We are using Wagner’s Meats in Mount Airy, MD this year – Tommy, Heather and Angie are wonderful to work with and have helped us with processing meats for several years.
It’s been a good winter for the cows, and for all of us on the farm. Calving is going smoothly with our first calves
a pair of twins. We now have 16 calves with another 9 to come. The spring green-up (when the first burst of growth of grasses comes on in the pastures) was a bit early which always pleases the cows.
Remember your purchasing choices REALLY do effect the Bay and your family’s health. Grass fed beef is:
- delicious and healthy—no GMO’s, no antibiotics, no hormones—and it has a healthy balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids, is high in Conjugated Linoleic Acids and vitamins, and low in saturadted fats;
- good for the environment as grazing pastures helps to sequester carbon and creates a wonderful sponge in the soil to catch and retain water, and
- strengthens local communities by supporting local family meat shops, and recycling your $’s many times through the rural economy.
Stop by the farm any time to see the herd, especially the new little calves; or feel free to call anytime with any questions.
Warmest greeting from all of us on the farm, Michael